Saturday, October 18, 2008

Portraits from the Clyde Family

Very few of us were lucky enough to have Pa do a portrait of us. Here are some my mom, Mary Clyde and I rounded up.

From left to right, Scott Peterson, Matthew Ray, and David Clyde--three of Pa's grandsons. No date available, but darn, aren't they cute?!
This is an oil painting of Carol Peterson Ray Decker and Mary Peterson Clyde (my aunt and mom) when they were little girls. No year was painted on this picture.


These are both pastels of Papa's mother, Sarah Emily Thompson Peterson. Pa did this one in 1953. I just couldn't get a great picture, so I put in 2 mediocre ones instead :)

This is a sketch Pa did of his mother, Juna Tye Peterson (aka Grammy) in 1953. The medium is pastels.


I can't get a good photo of this painting either. This is a painting of me when I was 4 or 5 in New York eating a Haagen Daas ice cream cone--chocolate, of course. So, this would have been painted in 1982 or 1983, perhaps? Pa gave it to my mom, Mary Clyde, but she let me have it.

No comments: