Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Mary Peterson Clyde's Utah Paintings

Please see the changes in italics made thanks to wise Uncle John and my dear old dad (his comments are in bold)!

In case you were feeling intimidated about sending in your pictures, rest assured they couldn't be much worse than these. Really, I don't know why I can't take a straight picture!

My mom and I think that all of these are Utah pictures, but we know little more than that.
Orderville, Utah: it looks like the white cliffs East of Orderville and Mt. Carmel.


The third picture is not Utah--there are no mountains like that in Utah. It looks to me like the Tetons, specifically the Grand, Teewinot and Mt. Owen from near Jackson Lake.
One is a gas station in the desert labeled Richfield. I think is in a little town east of Wickenburg, possibly Morristown or Wittman.

The painting following that is a Utah house.
I believe the one after the Lehi Rollermills is in and old abandoned mining town in Utah, Mercur

Given to Sarah Clyde for her high school graduation (2001)


The one following that is in Utah and it kind of looks like our Aunt Visa's (Lovisa) home in Scipio. It looks like Scipio to me. Maybe someone can tell better. Visa was the youngest sister of our Grandmother Sadie Peterson.

2 comments:

Michael said...

The top picture is, I am pretty sure, Orderville, Utah. That's what Ev called it, and it looks like the white cliffs East of Orderville and Mt. Carmel.

The third picture is not Utah--there are no mountains like that in Utah. It looks to me like the Tetons, specifically the Grand, Teewinot and Mt. Owen from near Jackson Lake (actually pretty close, I'm guessing, to where the Mt. Moran picture was painted that John and Marcia have--the one called the Tetons).

Emily Anne Leyland said...

Hi there,

I saw the picture of the white cliffs and that is the mountain range I spent my chidhood summers under. The painting made me cry, it's so beautiful. Is it something you would sell? You can contact me at leylands @ gmail.com